Monday, July 11, 2011

Packing Plan

I am very excited about my vacation packing plan for the family. We leave saturday for bloomington, for a night, then onto some friends in chicago for a night, then into downtown chicago for 2 nights, then onto Wisconsin for 3 or 4 nights, then back to bloomington or chicago for maybe another night on our way home! That is a lot of unpacking and packing back up in and out of hotels and  homes etc. That means a lot of the kids rummaging through suitcases, throwing dirty clothes back in with clean, stealing each others underwear, kids dressed in unmatching clothing, and then me trying to repack it all back up for the next location. BUT, I have an ingenius plan for this trip that will stop the madness! 

Here is the plan: I will pack each of the kids outfits individually in plastic grocery bags - one shirt, one shorts, one underwear, one boxers/nightie to sleep in - Each kid will have a plastic grocery bag per night of our trip. I will label all the bags with the kids names and throw them all into one big suitcase. At each location, each kid will carry in however many bags per nights of the trip we will be staying at that particular location! I will have 3 other small bags - one with all swimwear, one with all toiletries, one with 2nd pairs of shoes. These bags will go inside at each location. Pete will have one suitcase for the trip and I will have one for the trip, as we can probably handle unpacking and repacking our own stuff. I will bring plastic trash bags for all clothing that has been worn, so that I can launder it when I get home. 

This is the first time I have ever looked forward to packing!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know... I loved your plan last year when you just packed a brand new package of white Hanes t-shirts for each kid and had them wear their swimming trunks and a new t each day. I think you even threw the t's in the trash at the end of the day. Not only efficient, but the fam automatically matches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee-
    it will be quite similar actually - just wont have to take all the huge bags in everywhere. quite possibly purchasing those tshirts again!

    ReplyDelete