Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Vacation is coming....

I love the idea that starting on Saturday afternoon:
-I won't be doing any laundry
-I won't be returning any calls
-I won't be answering my door
-I won't be cooking many dinners
-I won't be making people clean their plates
-I won't be scheduling any playdates
-I won't be running any errands
-I won't be driving people to practices

because on vacation...I vacation, as much as humanly possible when 5 kids are in tow.

Also I don't want to forget:
-Charlie has been trying to use a lot of big words lately. Recently he came up to me and said: "I don't have an injury." (whatever happened to boo-boo?) "Did you know Bear has retractable claws?" (retractable? really???)
-Kids had a lemonade stand yesterday. I was no part of it. If they were going to keep the money for themselves, then they were going to do the work. Cute signage, cute little song "Le-mon-ade! 50 CENTS!" So, I watered the landscaping while they were out there for a while since I have quite a fear of the way people drive their cars up to the curb and expect my kids to lean into their car with their lemonade glass. I actually do the same thing to other lemonade stands, but I KNOW I am not going to steal the child, so I feel it is ok, but truthfully I am just teaching that kid to keep leaning in, so I should start getting my lazy butt out of my car. Anyway, when people drive by and don't stop for lemonade from the 4 little sweet singing faces with the homemade sign - I want to throw rocks at their cars. That is why I stop at every single lemonade stand I see. Today I stopped at three, and by the time I got to my son's baseball party I really had to pee. Worth it.
-Scotty had a day planned with a friend. Other friends called and asked us to join them at Dave and Buster's - a favorite of Scotty's, of course. Scotty knew he would be keeping his original plans, but said to me, "You guys will still go, right, you guys should go." I love that he would hate to be the reason the rest of the family didn't get to do something fun. We brought him home a treat : )
-Picked Jack up from his guitar lesson. I love watching him talk about (and practice in the car on the way home) something that he is soooo into. It is awesome. He is doing well, and smiles a lot while doing it. A parent's dream.
-At Elaina's swim meet (where she always takes last place, because she is just out there to enjoy swimming, I swear) as she comes up for breaths while swimming down the lap lane, she is smiling. Love her.
-Ben...I missed him today...I mean I really don't remember having any interaction with him today...I know he was with me as we went to watch swim practice. I know I bought him new tennis shoes today. He was there. He tried them on. I know he came into the grocery store with me and heard me hiss, "quit throwing that around in here!" I know he came to Dave and Busters with us and walked around with our friend's daughter. I know he then stayed home and cleaned up his room while i got my hair done. I know I saw him playing from a far at his baseball party tonight. and I know right now he is upstairs snoozing from being put to bed by dad while I was at my softball game...but I really do not remember talking, hugging, kissing, connecting at all with him today...I guess tomorrow is going to be a big day for Ben...I am going to be all OVER him! Sweet little Ben never making a fuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment