Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Her Tears Are Magic"

We were all watching Tangled (for the 3rd or 4th time), the adorable flick where boy and girl save each other from the evils of the world. And right as it is getting tense, and it looks like the hero is toast, and Repunzel's magic hair has been cut short, Jack says, "Her tears are magic too Scotty, he is going to be fine." My husband and I couldn't help but chuckle, and grin at his need to remind his brother, and himself, that everything turns out ok. He may be turning 10 on Sunday, but well, he is only turning 10. While there are kids playing Call of Duty on their game systems, and there are kids picking fights on the playground, and while my own 10 yr old even is trying out new words, and showing off strange new emotions, I'm glad to say he still likes a happy ending. And he likes it to come quickly. I'm thankful for the childhood innocence that is sometimes so hidden, but always there, in childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment