Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Small acts

Got up at 6:30am Got kids off to school at 8 Dropped forgotten lunches off in the school office Helped in Ben's (4) art class Picked up Ben from school Picked up Elaina (6) from school Took Elaina to birthday party Looked and smelled her more closely as she was getting out of the car Took her back home to clean up and change from a "messy" situation that occured during school Took her back to the birthday party at the mall Took Ben and Charlie (22 mos) into the mall for lunch Just as we sat to eat, Ben says, "I have to go potty and poopers RIGHT NOW!" I tell him he can hold it till we are finished eating and hope that no one around us can hear me saying this We eat half our lunch and Ben screams "It IS COMING OUT!!!! I GOTTA GO NOW!" We leave our food and head to the restroom where Ben is surprisingly efficient We go back and finish our meal I get a phone call from school revolving around yet another child's bowel issues. We go get a new battery for my son's watch, then head to Build a Bear to pick up girls from the party Call school to check on son with the issues Get home in time to take Scotty (11) to chess Get Jack out the door for baseball Pack a little for upcoming trip Quick favor for neighbors Chat with neighbors Make tomato soup and grilled cheese for dinner feed family clear table convince husband to do baths so I can address mom's birthday invites and my Art camp flyers work on some photos

And then I pass by my cabinet in the kitchen where I had hung a little printed note from a little book of daily thoughts. It said, "Every day we are called to small things with great love." Mother Teresa And I think, I should have smiled more today. So, tomorrow I have a goal. We'll see how it goes : )

also I don't want to forget: -Charlie sitting in the sandbox with only pants, no shirt, covered in dirt and sand -Elaina changed her clothes 6 times today (school uniform, after school clothes, cleaner after school clothes, dress-up play prom dress, dress-up gingham check leotard sans tights, cute little ensamble I had wanted her to save for our trip, pjs) -Ben's lit-up face when I arrived to be "art mom" today

No comments:

Post a Comment