Thursday, December 9, 2010

Kids' massage

I hurt my back so I have to stay off of my computer as much as possible (because it kills to sit at the computer) so I have to keep this short and sweet. Yesterday when my kids knew my back was hurting Elaina says to me, "Mom, come here." And she make a shoulder rub hand motion in the air, signaling for me to sit in front of her so she can rub my shoulders. So adorable, so I sit in front of her. And she is amazingly good! While her little soft hands aren't doing any deep tissue manipulation, there is something about her massaging me that for the time that she is doing it, I feel great. At that same moment my Charlie climbs onto my lap to kiss me till I feel better. Jack walks up behind Charlie and starts massaging his back, and then Ben somehow gets into the mix and is kissing on me, massaging on me too. I had 4 kids all somehow touching me, massaging me, laughing and kissing on me at once and it was quite sweet. I did not feel overwhelmed by the commotion. Rather, I think it helped, for the time being. So, since the Chiropractor, massage therapist, orthopedist and drugs have not yet relieved my back pain, I may have to just start using "kid therapy" as often as possible. Who would have thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment