Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Recital

Tonight was the big piano/guitar/singing recital. I could not be prouder of my big boys! They have been working hard on their pieces and performed fabulously! What a great skill they are working on - to practice something and work toward a goal, and then to finally be able to stand in front of others and show what you have learned. I remember being in recitals as a child. I was always soooooo nervous. My hands would be freezing and sweaty at the same time. I would worry a ton about how I would do. My kids are not like this as they wait for their turn in the recital. Jack jokes around, Scotty reads a book. They just go about their business, and when it is their turn they bound up onto the stage and do their thing. Jack even sings solos and sings along with his guitar pieces. Tonight Scotty played Amazing grace, and Jack played Rockin Around the Christmas Tree on the piano, played and sang Every Rose Has Its Thorn on the guitar, and Sang a solo - Mary Did You Know as I played backup. They made me so proud. It is great to see Scotty progress, and it is really wonderful to have something to do with Jack besides fight! I hope they stick with their musical instruments. It is such a great creative outlet to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment