Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Magic of the Magic House

My 5 year old awoke saying the words, "I NEED to go to the magic house!" He then proceeded to explain that his friend, Grace, told him all about how Bob the Builder was there, and since Bob is one of his favorite celebrities, I felt I could not let him down. So, we headed over to the Magic House, a place filled with wonder, joy and about 50,000 other kids enjoying the wonder and joy too. After 2 hours of fake fishing, fake grocery shopping, fake restaurant working, Bob the Builder excitement and more, while I monitored their "sharing" capacities, "sand-throwing" scares near the children that are "only children" and their parents who were shooting me daggers because some sand got on their daughters' jeans, the boys were not even close to being ready to leave. I debated heading home for naps or having lunch at the museum and gearing up for a couple more hours of fun....Their sweet little faces and screeches of joy throughout the morning gave me the energy to stay the course and make it a BIG day. So after lunch we headed back to the Bob the Builder exhibit and they played nicely, happily, and hard in there for about 2 more HOURS! And this is the "magic" of the Magic House! But the real magic came when I said it was time to leave to pick up the big kids from school and they happily went along!!!! All I can think is that they were exhausted and ready to fall asleep in the car, which is exactly what they did. And which is the reason I can sit down, relax and blog and enjoy this solitude for a bit. Magic. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment