Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blogworthy moments

We changed our nursery into a weight room yesterday. : ((( Yesterday's snow day brought some fun: Whole family watched a movie in the basement about Pistol Pete. That spurred on a basement basketball game using the little guys' indoor hoop. Followed by a family board game of Cranium. Hot chocolate, cookies. Then more basketball. Music practice (which is fun for me to hear, because ever since I instilled the 1 hr practice, the boys have been really progressing!) And finally, an "all kid sleepover" in the basement. (though we talked the 2 yr old into sleeping in his own bed) I have not seen or heard the kids yet this morning, I bet they will watch cartoons down there till I make them stop. Which will be when I want some pancakes - that's their job this morning. But then what...I mean yesterday I spent time in the morning on my computer making reservations for Spring Break and a mom's weekend away. And during that time: -Charlie spilled yogurt everywhere. -Charlie spilled his drink everywhere. -Charlie took off his clothes and ran around naked (totally naked). -Charlie was found exercising in the weight room. -Charlie got my ipad quite sticky. I better find some good entertainment for Charlie...the truth is, he has 4 older sibs home to entertain him, so I let down my guard thinking that will be enough...not so much. Even though I made my kids clean up the basement yesterday before we they could have fun, practice their music for an hour each, clean up their lunch mess, and didn't let them have the friends over they wanted (because it was a family day), randomly they each came up to me and said something to the effect of "you rock, mom" or "mom, you're fun." Sometimes it isn't easy being the parent that lays down the law, because we want to only be the fun one, but I think kids don't really know what they want until we show them. My kids begged for friends to come over, then I planned a different kind of fun afternoon (which included some cleaning and practicing), and they were still thrilled. I wonder if I can somehow get them to think changing all the bedsheets today is fun....

No comments:

Post a Comment