Saturday, January 29, 2011

Watching basketball

Why am I moved to tears watching my boys play basketball? It is somewhat embarrassing. It is just that they are not the best players on the team. They just are not. They have other things, math, piano, singing, writing, that come more naturally to them, but since myself and their father think that it is important that they be well-rounded, and since myself and their father lived by sports our whole lives we introduced our kids to sports full-on. And let me say this; When my kids play to their fullest potential, and when my kids make a difference on the court or field...I AM HAPPY. and I'm not afraid to admit that. I am sorry but this whole. "we're proud of you because you played" crap, is just that, crap. Lets try our best for goodness sakes, lets run our hearts out...why? because we CAN! And working toward excellence is fun. That's all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment