Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Teeball Uniform

At the end of the practice there are 15 5-yr-olds lined up at the back of an SUV waiting for the Holy Grail. Well it might as well have been. It was Teeball practice and it was time to get their uniforms. Within minutes I have an adorable 5-yr-old looking up at me with the biggest brown eyes and the biggest smile I have ever seen. Seconds later he is whipping his shirt off in the parking lot and changing into his new uniform. He puts his hat on and can't stop saying, "Isn't this cool? Look at my uniform! I got my own uniform!" I responded as excitedly as possible. I tried to echo his enthusiasm as best I could. But nothing could have beat the next 15 minutes...

We leave his practice to go pick up his oldest brother, Scotty.
Ben: (with a sly look on his face) "Scotty, notice anything different about me?!"
Scotty: (after just a beat) "Ahhhh, is THAT your new uniform for teeball?!"
Ben: "Yep! Isn't it cool!?"
Scotty: "Yes Ben! I LOVE it! It is soooo cool, you look awesome! Wow I can't wait to come see you play in it!"
Ben: "You can come to my game, mom says the whole FAMILY can come!"
Me: "um, actually, your first game is at the same time as Scotty's lacrosse."
Scotty: (absolutely serious and genuine) "Are you serious mom? Gosh darn it, I really wanted to watch his game! I am so sorry Ben, I am going to come to a bunch of other ones though."
Ben: (beaming) "Ok, thanks Scotty! I can't wait!"

Scotty might just be an actual angel. And Ben wore his new "Tigers" uniform hat to school and wore it all day.

Also I don't want to forget:
-Charlie took off his shoes in the back seat and started looking at his toes and saying, "Mommy, my toes are broken - this one, and this one...they have a crack." (as he pointed to the cracks at the knuckles of his toes).
-Charlie kept calling his Gatorade an Alligator today.

No comments:

Post a Comment