Friday, April 1, 2011

1st Jam Session

I would say quite a success! Without a massive amount of work, the boys were soon playing 2 short (edited) Rock songs together. We had boys wearing black "blues bros" hats, boys wearing sunglasses in the house, guitar pick necklaces. They were excited about the music, excited about naming the band - Either 'Beat Boys' or 'Not Mommas' Boys' - jury is still out. I like the latter. They were even excited about the bottled water I got just for the band. Break time included pizza while watching some excerpts of School of Rock. Then it was back to some practicing. Oh and there was also time for just some general listening to rock music from one of their cds I handed out with a playlist of easy well-known classic rock songs. They were tired by parent pick-up time, but all are excited : ) If I can figure out how to add a video on here and I can get rights from the parents to post, I may just have to share a video of this at some point. A great thing I witnessed; Jack would walk up to Scotty on the keyboard and say, "here play a G chord over and over" and then he would walk up to the drummer and say, "play this beat over and over" then he would walk up to one of the guitarists and say "you play that thing you were just playing over and over" and then he would play something along with it.....and while it wasn't perfect, it wasn't half bad! And I loved seeing him have the confidence to take charge and try things that way. It will be a little difficult for me to not take over too much and at the same time help them get a real song played each session. But so happy it went well! And I bet I get kudos for this from Jack! Win Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment