Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Angels are Coming!

So I am lying down with Charlie to get him to fall asleep. We say prayers and cover up. He snuggles right up close to me and looks me straight in the eyes in the darkness and says in a creepy whispery voice, "Mom, the angels are coming." AHHHHHH creepy scary!!! I go, "What do they look like?" terrified to hear the answer. He says, "Scary. Dark eyes. They can fly!" And he is looking toward the ceiling as if he can see something. Freak me out! I start to realize that I had just prayed out loud for him the "Angels of God..." prayer, so perhaps I got him thinking, but I think tomorrow night we will safely pray the Hail Mary. Also tonight Elaina (7) had a big meltdown revolving around how much she misses Tavy, my inlaws dog that passed away a while back. We are talking lots of tears and bawling, inconsolable sobs with intermittent "I MISS TAVY!" She is a definite animal lover, and dog lover most of all, but I did not realize she would be this emotional about this subject. I held her, and told her that the dog was in dog heaven with all the other dogs that had died, and that they were all happy playing together. I brought our dog in the room for her to snuggle. I asked her what I could do to make her feel better. She said "nothing" between sobs. So, I found us a Strawberry Shortcake movie to watch and that seemed to do the trick eventually, by getting her mind off of it all. I think she was over-tired and emotional. However I know one thing: our dog needs to live a long life, because I don't think a Strawberry Shortcake video will do the trick next time. I'm about ready to give my Charlie some coffee to get things moving along on the toilet. Toilet training only goes along as smooth and regularly as their bowels do!

No comments:

Post a Comment