Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Monkey Suit, The Clementines, and The Nose-blow

Firstly, the monkey suit: Charlie loves his monkey costume from Halloween this past year. He comes up to me often with it in hand and says, "Mom, I wear my monkey soup?" OF COURSE! I mean first of all why would I deny him when he says "monkey-soup" so sweetly? Secondly, how could I pass by the idea of seeing my 2 yr old run around in a furry, cozy, soft monkey costume all day? So, he dresses like a monkey pretty often. The Clementines: Are clementines toxic if eaten in extreme abundance? Sheesh I sure hope not. Right after telling a story of Elaina eating an entire bag of clementines the day before, my daughter proceeds to ask for a clementine at my brother's house. I say she can have one, but jokingly tell her not to eat all of Aunt Kim's clementines. I look over at the fruit bowl about 15 minutes later and of the 7 clementines that were there, there are NONE! I am going to need to start rationing out the clementines I guess. I mean while it is great vitamin c I am sure...too much of anything is a bad thing, right? The Nose-blow: So we are at church, which is where many of my blog entries are inspired, and I notice Ben picking his nose. I non-chalantly get a wetwipe from my purse (no kleenex) and motion for him to move closer to me. I go to wipe the booger I can see and to my surprise he blows, which I was not ready for, so spray flies a bit and I try to regroup and get a better grip on his nose, then he just waits there not blowing so I go to wipe again, and that is when he starts to blow again! Boogers and spray flying again! so I am giggling at the stooge act we are creating and trying to have the wipe in place at the same time as he is blowing and we just keep being off and he keeps blowing when I am wiping and I keep holding it up there for a blow while he is just standing there doing nothing. By the end of the charade I have tears in my eyes and am cracking up, and the woman behind me who I expected to be laughing too, just had a really weird look on her face. The best part is that Ben ended up laughing too. I wish I had that on video. We could not do it again if we tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment