Sunday, January 2, 2011

The goings on...

Scotty and Jack really stepped up while I was sick. Very nice the way they helped out and complained less. Elaina saying to me - I love you to the very most. I love you more than cake. Ben saying - Jack hurt my feelings. And then he began to cry. He just wears his little heart on his little sleeve. Jack saying - Mom, I wish I could be sick instead of you. Charlie - telling us he loves us and likes us very randomly out of the blue. Scotty tells me daily how much he loves his Nook he got for Christmas (from Santa). The dopp kits: Today while sort of secretly watching my big boys using their loaded dopp kits they got for Christmas, I heard the following... "How does my hair look" and after I said, "Using both different kinds of deodorant spray may be a little strong scented" Jack said, "But That's what the ladies like!" "What's this stuff?" (referring to the mouth wash I think) "I keep my hair gel in that little upper pocket with the zipper." Scotty combing his hair. Seriously adorable how very serious he was about it. Jack's face as he sprayed his deodorant. His eyes big as saucers and he says, "Ooooo, that's so cold! I LIKE it!" Considering the little tiny scissors. "What do we do with these?" I tell them they can trim nose hairs with them. "Ok, we don't have any of those yet. " The first day Jack used his little grooming kit he came downstairs and asked me, "Notice anything different about me besides my new shirt?" I say, "I don't know..." He splays his fingernails in a dramatic flare and says, "CUT my OWN nails! and put on some smelling good spray, and used hair gel. Also, I thought my sideburns were a little bushy, so I used those tiny scissors to cut them a bit." (I had to nonchalantly fix that one, but was so impressed with his whole hygiene initiative, I didn't want to discourage!) Oh, my babies are growing up...and smelling so grown up too! Today I heard Elaina saying this: "Charlie do you want bear bear to frow up all over the place? You better put your food in the sink or bear is going to get it and get sick." She also came to me with this request: "Mom, I need the potty seat for charlie. I'm going to help him go on it." My plan has been to get this potty training going when the kids go back to school. Maybe she can just potty train him...

No comments:

Post a Comment