Thursday, January 20, 2011

Set backs

And today was setback day. 3 potty Accidents for the trainee. Disaster of a household (that was clean just 48 hours ago) because of the snow day. One of my kids suddenly is forgetting how to read words they just read the other day. My united front with my husband on a parenting issue was second-guessed. I forgot to remind my kids to continue with their hour of daily music practice that has been making all the difference in the world... Things I was once sure of are now a mystery. Things I had decided are now still a question. Things I thought I wanted I now am unsure about.... Setbacks: the bad news - they set you back. The good news - they cannot be permanent...right? I don't want to forget: -I saw a glimpse of what it would be like if we had another baby. My friend was here with her baby today and I got to hold him a lot. My 2 yr old became a little monster. He ran from me with food he had stolen from the fridge laughing because he knew I would not chase him while holding the baby. He walked into the room with a knife that had a huge chunk of cheese stuck onto the end of it and he was eating it like you would a popsicle. 3 potty training accidents. He smacked my friend in the face and giggled about it. He was just as naughty as can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment