Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Zoo

Why is the zoo so darn fun? Is it because the kids look at the prairie dogs and think, "I'm like a prairie dog, I just sit here looking cute and ignore those calling to me" ? Is it because the kids look at the penguins and think, "I'm just like a penguin, chasing my brothers and sisters with no end in sight, round and round" ? Is it because the kids look at the monkeys and think, "I'm just like a monkey, picking my nose not caring who is watching me" ? Is it because the kids see the birds in the bird house and think, "I'm just like a bird, so much energy, ready and willing to fly, but not aloud to" ? Is it because the kids see the tigers and think, "I'm just like a tiger, waiting to pounce when no one is ready for it" ? Is it because the kids see the snakes and think, "I'm just like a snake, scary looking at times, but not always dangerous" ? Well, it could be because I see my kids in these animals, but more likely it is because I see the big differences: Would an animal ask if he could spend his allowance to get all his siblings a gift from the zoo? Would an animal urgently stop his brother from leaning too far over the railing for fear that he may fall in the prairie dog pit? Would an animal marvel at the sound the birds make and imitate the way they walk? Would an animal thank his mom for a great day at the zoo? Probably not. So today I thank God for a super fun day at the zoo with my little group of humans. They were a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment