Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Just a few little conversations

1. E(7): "He's upstairs....by the laundry baskets.....laying down on his tummy...and he might be looking for me....so if he is....tell him I'm at school! By mom!" I think she actually thinks Bear (our dog) knows English. 2. m: "Charlie, what are you doing with that granola bar?" c(2): "Ha ha! I'm hiding it!!!" (as he stuffs it into the toy bin) m: "Charlie bring me the granola bar, it is Jack's snack for school, and then you can have your eggs." c(2): "NO! Ha ha!" (but then he goes and gets it laughing like he is hilarious) 3. c: "Mom, come HERE!, come HERE! I need a paper, a little paper." m: "Oh, so you can make Max a card too?" c(2): "Yes! I need a little one." (as he is looking at a huge roll of drawing paper.) m: "ok, How about this piece? Is this ok?" c(2): "Ya! Here we go." (in just the intonation that I use when talking to him) 4. m: "Let me show you what we got Max for his birthday." b(5): "Oh....my....word..." (as he looks at some star wars characters) Also I don't want to forget: -I was working with elaina on her homework last night. We literally worked together for 2 hours straight, after dinner. The focus was for her to do her best work the first time. She had done some writing of her spelling words and it was not her neatest work. I told her she could turn that one in or do a neater one and earn a sticker for her chart. I figured she would say that she would just turn it in as it was, after all she was tired and redoing it would take quite a while for her. She said that she wanted to redo it and proceeds to redo the whole thing in handwriting that I have never ever seen come from her hand before. Very beautiful. On the lines. Nice circles. I started to tear up. If someone had told me before I had kids that a 7 year old's handwriting was going to make me cry, I would not have believed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment