Sunday, July 25, 2010

Breakfast Diner

Mom: "7 people." Waitress: "you guys can sit at the bar, no where else to sit, and you will probably get served faster." Mom: "fun, ok, guys, look we get to sit up here at this bar!" And then proceeds the breakfast fun. Scott and Jack read comics and beg for huge amounts of food they won't eat. Elaina and Ben get reprimanded for scratching each other. Charlie slips off his bar stool numerous times, takes off his shoes, runs back and forth between me and his father at the other end of the bar barefoot. And we wait, and wait, and wait for our food. Its 11am, and we haven't eaten a thing yet today. My husband and I drink a lot of coffee to prepare for the day ahead: Ripley's Believe it or Not museum, waterpark, hour and a half drive... and 2 more meals in public with these little crazies. I love family vacations - and I'm not being sarcastic. Perhaps because this feeling is so nostalgic to me from my childhood with 7 siblings, or perhaps because I've had a lot of coffee this morning. And what I'm thankful for right now are 2 things: all the empty plates at this bar! and this tiny bit of down time since my husband just took the kids out to the car while I wait for the bill. I better refill my coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment