Saturday, July 17, 2010

Tired

If I'm tired and my 2 year old happens to get under my feet- I have barely any sympathy when he falls upon his seat. However when I'm full of energy and I trip over him too- I'm as sweet as sugar and kissing all his boo boos. If I'm feeling all run down and my kids are going wild- I yell and frown and lose my patience when they make a sound. But If I'm feeling all keyed up and ready for the day- Then when my kids have energy I can keep up all the way! So the moral of this tale I think I must remember please- It is not always my kids' problems, often it is ME! I totally notice a difference in my parenting depending on my level of energy. So, coffee exercise, and a little chocolate are becoming a steady part of my diet. I am such a better mom when I have the energy to think of creative solutions to sibling disputes, kid boredom or just kids with high energy. Most often if I look back on my day and see that it was a difficult one with the kids, it had something to do with my energy being low. The happier and peppier I am, the better the kids are. Go figure. So, here's to having more energy, more smiling and just a general sense of happiness in the household! So, we head to WI tomorrow for a 1 week vacation and my brother's wedding. My plan is to blog each night, but if I cannot post them, I will post them all when I return!

No comments:

Post a Comment