Thursday, July 1, 2010

Scotty

Since I will be away from my kids for the next few days on a trip out of town, I've decided to blog about what I miss about them each night. Tonight I will do Scotty. Scotty (11) asks me about 5 times a day, "how ya doin' mom?" I didn't know I would miss that so much , but it do! It is nice to have someone care so much about your well being. It is sweet that he really wants to hear me say, "just fine!" Or "great, Scotty!" Every now and then I am in a super crabby mood and I may answer, "not great, scott, not great." Then I totally kick myself when I see his little dejected expression. He just wants to know mom is happy. I remember being a kid and wanting my mom to be in a good mood too. It just gave me a nice comfortable feeling. Which gets me thinking about how kids must feel who have parents with issues in their marriage, or big weight problems etc. I mean those parents are very likely never in a really good mood. How sad their kids must be to never have that comfortable reassurance. I should work to keep this disposition even when struggles come along, because they will, and really, it is easy to respond in that happy disposition when all is well, but there is no time more important for my kids to feel comfortable, safe and secure as when we are going through challenges. That is when they need that reassurance the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment