Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Patience...Please

I hated homework when I was in school, and I think I hate it even more now. Yes, I realize it is summer, but we do a little tutoring in the summer. The homework, if you can even call it that, is super simple and not a difficult big deal. But my son can make it seem like we are building a freaking rocket at 9pm when we should all be sleeping. I adore him, I really do. He is fun, and funny and loving and a kind boy. But when I need to sit down with him to do homework, you would think we are bitter enemies. My patience wears quite thin, my head begins to throb and my voice is NOT calm. He cries. He bargains. He refuses. Oh what fun. I realize that there are people who have bigger patience situations than I, but this one is my little thorn right now, so it is on my mind. We don't learn patience by example. We learn it from being plunged into situations that call for it. I think God can see that I haven't learned patience yet. That's why I keep being thrown into little "patience needy" situations. So, darn it, I need to get with it! Patience Please I Pray! also I don't want to forget: -Charlie has been waking me in the mornings by climbing into my bed and squishing me all the way over until I am nearly falling of my side of the bed. He just continually rubs his head into my head, or chest or whatever under the guise of nuzzling, but I think he really wants the bed to himself. -Elaina went to spend the night at her little cousin's last night. Her excitement on the way out the door was so sweet. She really loves her cousins, and especially adores spending time with the girls. -Ben smiles all the time. We should all be more like Ben. -My 9 yr old just dressed my 2 yr old. -My 4 yr old just put my 2 yr old's shoes on him for me. -My 4 yr old just made my 2 yr old's bed. -My 11 yr old just helped unload the dishwasher. -My 2 yr old just put his own dish in the sink. Helping at home is good...maybe I can get someone to make MY bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment