Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Wedding Reception

The moves! Oh the moves! The uninhibitedness of my children at their uncle's wedding reception was staggeringly wonderful! Firstly, we have my 9 year old singing a solo into the microphone "Personal Penguin" in order get the bride and groom to kiss. He did swindle a new lego set out of that deal, but my goal is to get him comfortable singing in front of a crowd so as to encourage his talent! If that costs me a couple lego sets along the way (which encourage his building ability and creativity) so be it. (See how I totally justified the bribery there?) But the dancing...now THAT was something. Charlie (2) starts it all by doing some fabulous moves to the music involving jumping, clapping and galloping. A song or two later, Ben (4) is bouncing a knee, shrugging a shoulder and nodding to the beat. Elaina sweetly twirled with her girl cousins. But my favorite entertainment for the evening was watching Scotty (11) and Jack (9) get down! Jack, so rhythmic, and cool with his collar up, shirt untucked and unbuttoned exhibited an Elvis-style performance that could not be matched. From split moves, spin moves, sliding moves, and hopping moves to air guitar, head banging, and floor sprawling, Jack was purely a joy to watch have fun. Scotty, upon seeing Jack's display, was thrust into his own rendition of purely joyful dancing with arms flailing and feet flying as he tried to keep up with Jack. What fun! By the end of the night, all my kids were drenched in sweat, and exhausted. I've been trying to think of ways to get these kids to exercise more. I think I have a new plan : )

No comments:

Post a Comment