Sunday, July 25, 2010

Deer park, water park, and fishing

Full day. First we headed out to a park where deer rome freely amidst people. We all fed the deer, Elaina leading the pack with her Snow White-esque personality and charm with the animals. Someone said they even saw Elaina get nipped by a deer, give it a little smack, and then try to lure it back to her. She's such an animal whisperer. I would never have the guts to smack a deer, or love a deer with the intensity that she shows. In her own words today, "I was MADE for animals. Animals love me. And I love them." Next was another fun day at the waterpark. I'm in the kiddie area watching Charlie (2) when he swims up to a stranger (male about 35) and starts laughing and punching him. No stranger anxiety, and what a little brute! And finally, my husband gives in to the kids' fishing requests and takes them down to the river in the dark with fishing poles, worms, and hope. After an hour of crossing and tangling lines, a line stuck high up in a tree, arguing about taking turns, many catches of algae, and quite a bit of patience (on my husband's part - NOT the kids') the fishing ends and they come back empty-handed. So, lucky husband gets to take them again in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment