Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Twos

So, Charie (2) beat me down the stairs this morning (in my defense my thighs are quite sore from an intense squat session at my gym), anyway, I am literally 10 steps behind him and as I turn the corner into the kitchen he has managed to already have poured himself a large bowl of cereal in the middle of the kitchen floor, cereal everywhere, milk everywhere. He has a smile from ear to ear. He says "Cereal!" After eating his bowl of cereal he brings me one of Elaina's enormously fluffy tutus and insists I put it on him. And he begins to spin. (Where was my camera on both of these incidents?) At the doctor's office for check-ups for 4 of the 5 kiddos (they draw the line at 4) Charlie climbs the sink, climbs the windowsill, shows off his "jumping naked" skills, and of course destroys that white cleanliness paper barrier. At his brother's ball game, Charlie picks up a large stick...no really more of a small branch, and begins running with it and laughing. He knows I can't catch him - my thighs are burning as I track him down eventually. Which brings me to now - strapped him into his car seat - Where he can't make a mess, where he can't get away, where he can't climb anything, where he can't jab himself or anyone else in the eye with a stick, and he is watching Scooby Doo. Thank you DVD player. I actually really like the twos. He is a hilarious child right now. And still baby enough to keep me from getting very upset at him. Its those threes that throw me for a loop - because after all the struggles at two, by three - THEY KNOW BETTER! But they still do the same stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment