Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cleaning out the car

While cleaning out the car today I found: 1 piece of chewed gum stuck to the dashboard 3 jackets 3 pair of socks A box of chicken strips One of a set of 3 juggle sticks 3 shrek toys A box of crayons A small jug of curdled milk (thankfully tightly closed) 1 sippy cup 1 boys leather belt 2 pairs of shoes A cereal bowl Half a Luna bar Half a peanut butter sandwich 2 hair bows An Easter hair wreath 2 year books A few other reading books My checkbook A baseball A bath towel 2 wiffel balls A string of pop beads 2 water bottles A lot of trash And my sanity. A cleaner car puts me in a decent mood : ) Someone (an adult) actually tried to sit down in my car wearing white pants once. I practically dove onto the seat sacrificing whatever the heck I was wearing to keep her from doing that. I found a towel in my car that seemed a lot cleaner than the seat and made her sit on that. I tried the "no more eating in the car" once after someone spilled an entire milk drink on the floor costing us a fortune in cleaning costs. That lasted about a day and a half. I must be realistic. We are going to eat in the car pretty darn often. For instance, this morning as we are walking out the door for school, Elaina (6) says, "I didn't have breakfast." So, she had a peanut butter sandwich in the car on the way (well, apparently HALF a peanut butter sandwich). Lightening our schedule a little would be an effective way to cut down the food and "stuff" in the car, but then again, in the grand scheme of things, the messy car has really never hurt anyone, well other than the close call with the lady with the white pants. And she really should have realized what a chance she was taking when she stepped toward the car with all the stickers stuck to the inside of the windows and gum stuck on the dashboard. Also I don't want to forget: -Kids played in sprinkler today. There is really nothing cuter. And nothing brings me back to my childhood more than watching them run through the shooting water, squealing and laughing. Good times! -While getting tired of doing things I was asking him to do, Ben says: "oooo, I'm gonna break my head off!"

No comments:

Post a Comment