Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Alarm Clock by Charlie: Crawling into bed and playing with my face Breakfast made by Scotty: french toast, fresh fruit, juice and coffee Cards made by Jack, Elaina and Ben: beautiful crayon,glitter,ribbon and heart sticker collages. 11am Chruch: Everyone was on their best behavior, which means we only caused one fellow parishioner to change her seat, had to leave with Charlie only 3 times, and I had to give the mean look just twice Trip to The Botanical Gardens: Joined by Grandma and Grandpa, lovely stroll among the beautiful plants. Just one casualty - Charlie getting pretty soaked in a fountain (not that warm today), not that he cared. Fun photographs of the kids playing, one funny one of me and the kids. Early dinner: Walked downtown for Outdoor seating at a little brewery in Kirkwood with Grandma and Grandpa. Evening fun: Planting container herb gardens with Elaina, and hanging them outside from the porch roof. Girl time: Doing Elaina's nails What a blessed mother I am to get to spend a wonderful day with all my babies and fantastic husband. Nothing felt much like a chore today - even the bathroom trips with kiddos, giving baths and such all just felt like what I was meant to do since I was in the "thankful mom" frame of mind. I should try to stay in that frame of mind always.

No comments:

Post a Comment