Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dialogue

Mom: "Ben, sometimes I just can't do what you want me to do, because I have 5 kids and Charlie wanted me to go outside." Ben: "Oh ya, I forgot to wait patiently." Ben: "This swing is so slow, I need a push.........Mom, that would be you." (I'm praying this child keeps his hilarious personality. It truly cracks me up daily.) (In the following conversation this child had me on his side for like the first ten minutes. He will make a great lawyer or salesman some day.) Jack: "So, I had this great idea, Mom, and I think you will like it. This time when I did my math problems and I got to a problem that I didn't know the answer to, I used a calculator. I didn't write the answer down right away, but when I came back to the problem later, I tried to see if I could remember what the calculator had said. It really helped me to learn the answers." Mom: "Jack, I'm not fooled. That is called cheating. Use your brain, not the calculator. Don't think that I don't get why you were hiding out doing your homework. Jack: : "Mom, what does it matter if I am learning? I thought you would be happy if I was learning." (I'm praying Jack will use his powers of persuasion for more good than evil.) (Sometimes they just say stuff to see what will happen. To check and see if what they learned from their friends at recess is OK to say.) Jack: "Wow, Charlie is such a crazy little wild guy, I bet he would wrestle under the covers with a woman!" Mom: "What? What does that mean?" Jack: "You know, Mom, Kissing and hugging and stuff in bed." Mom: "Did you hear that at school?" Jack: "Yes, and Mom, if I don't keep saying that phrase at school then no one will be my friend." Mom: "I seriously doubt that." Jack: "Oh yes Mom, EVERYONE says that." Mom: "Really, do your friends, Luke, Brent, Sean and Matthew...all say it?" Jack: "No, THEY don't say it." Mom: "Well, those are most of your good friends. Also you could get in trouble at school for talking that way. It doesn't sound nice." Jack: "You know mom, I think it would be best if I just never said that anymore." Mom: "Good plan." (I'm praying Jack doesn't actually know what he was "saying.") Also today, Charlie was leaning over licking rainwater out of the back of his toy ride on car. (I'm praying he doesn't get some horrible disease.) Doing a lot of praying these days. Children bring you closer to God in more ways than you expect ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment