Monday, May 17, 2010

Persistence

Well, so much for my not allowing illness as my mom didn't. They're sick again. Poor Scotty and Jack. Scotty was sick right before his piano recital, and so he was super disappointed to have to miss it, considering he has been practicing for weeks. He began insisting that he not miss his morning plans either - to present his end of the year Reach project. Sadly I think he will be missing it. Jack decided to wait to get sick until on the drive to his recital. He made me continue on our path to the recital location and insisted on being able to make it through his guitar and singing duet with the teacher and his piano song. And he did it. He didn't get sick again until we were back home. While I am totally bummed that my kids are sick, I have decided to be thankful that they have been working toward goals that are important enough to them that they are sad to miss out on the finales. Sometimes I feel like the kids are just going through the motions and probably not getting much out of the daily routine of things such as music lessons, school projects, etc. But tonight they showed me that they really care about what they are working toward, and that makes me very excited to see what they will be able to accomplish and work toward in their future. also I don't want to forget: -Charlie has been spending a good part of every morning playing with my face. It cracks me up and I love how serious he is about it, whispering and poking his chubby little fingers in my cheeks. Perhaps he is commenting on my wrinkles, I'm not quite sure. -A friend told me how sweet Elaina is today. She loved how Elaina waived so sweetly to her at church during all school mass. She is definitely a sweetheart. -After I reprimanded Scotty for not eating healthy and exercising enough, and pegging that as his reason for being ill, he was quite hard on himself also. I felt terrible, so I had to call him and tell him I was sorry I was so rough on him. Poor kid, I'm kicking him while he is down!

No comments:

Post a Comment