Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Midnight adventure

Middle of the night, hear the tell-tale cough, go running through the hall, grab some sort of towel on the way, yell to husband to grab a bucket, arrive in gagging child's bedroom, shove towel under his chin in the darkness, proceed to be projectile vomited on, vomit ricochets off of the "towel" which turns out to actually be a baby bed pad (not very absorbent at all) and hit me square in both legs (I was in only a tank top) and all over the floor. About that time my groggy husband walks in with the tub. Thanks. Very helpful. Husband and I determine he should clean area and I should clean kid. After shower (the barfer (4), 3rd barfer actually, but the older 2 are on their own at this point in the game) and I proceed to my bedroom to sleep together. Husband goes in with 2 yr old who keeps coughing in a way that says, "I may barf soon too." I proceed to lie awake with ears peeled for gag noises. Topping off the grossness of my last 24 hr period was something that nearly puts me over the edge. I can take the barf clean-up. But...while cleaning up the yard this afternoon I stepped right into a large pile of dog doo. The only thing that completely saved me from a grossness breakdown was that I was wearing crocs - hoseable! Tonight, I am thankful for my impulse purchase of the crocs last month. I am thankful that this illness is not long-term, and it will all pass soon. I am thankful that I have laundry on my main floor instead of in the basement where it used to be. Oh, and I am thankful that my daughter, who has remained healthy thus far, and I had some nice time together today while all the sick boys just lied around. also I don't want to forget: -I keep having to tell my 4 yr old to take the barf bucket off his head. -I took a soccer ball out of the oven today...Fortunately before I turned it on. -Scotty (11) told me he is sad to be getting a new toothbrush because his current toothbrush has "those great tongue scrubbers on it."

No comments:

Post a Comment