Monday, May 31, 2010

Kids say the darndest things

Jack while hugging Ben: "Mom, I really love this brother." Then Charlie crawls up on his lap too. "And this brother. And I really love Scotty and you too, Elaina. I love you, Mom, and Dad and I just feel this way about every one in our family. And there is one person who I also feel this way about who is not in our family." Mom: "Sophia?" (His friend/girlfriend since he was 1 yr old) Jack: (just grins and nods) Jack walking in the door holding a bird's nest: "Can I keep it?!" Ben: "Mom, what are we doing that is fun tomorrow?" Mom: "Your cousins are coming over and we are going to the nature museum in the morning." Ben grinning ear to ear: "And that isn't even a long time away, we just go to bed and wake up and it is here!" Mom: "Elaina, want to run to the grocery store with me, we need a few things?" Elaina: "Yea! yes, and can we get my toenails done?!" Mom: "Ben, eat your food please." Ben: "Mom, I don't really want dessert tonight anyway." Mom: "We aren't even having dessert tonight, I just want you to eat your food." Ben: "You know, actually I am pretty tired." Mom: "Ok, go on up to bed." Ben: "Well, you know I am scared up there without Jack, so I am just going to watch him eat and wait." (and the next thing you know he is nibbling his sandwich) Scotty: "I love pepsi!!!! I am all hyped up on Pepsi!" Mom: "This is not making your case for ever having another one." Jack: "Mom, are we going on a trip where we stay overnight somewhere this summer, what is going on this summer?" Mom: "Well, we are going up to the lake in WI and staying at a lake house on the beach for about a week." Jack: "Ya, I mean besides that." Mom: "Well, we just got back from a 10 day trip to Disney, and we went to TX over spring break. I think that is enough vacationing." Jack: "Ya, well I just really wanted to go to Mexico." Mom: "Maybe some other summer. You get to go spend almost a week with Grandma and grandpa and do a camp." Jack with wide eyes: "That's what I meant, something fun like that!" also I don't want to forget: -We went swimming at sis and bro's house tonight. Very fun with all the kiddos. Ben (4) conquered step one related to his fear of "the big pool" by finally, after many minutes/hours of persuasion from me and my husband and my mom, floating around in a little floaty thingy. -played a fun game with adults and kids together tonight - spoons - Scott and Jack loved it and we all had a lot of fun. Must remember to play more games like that with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment