Sunday, August 29, 2010

Do you have a picture of your kids?

Went away for the night. Left kids with a wonderful sitter overnight. Well worth it. I will be energized for my kids when I get back, they won't know what hit them! We went to a wedding and kept showing off pics of the kids. Love when people ask to see pics of my kids. (So I try to ask other people to see pics of theirs). I mean, its like, "let me see what you have done with your life for the last 12 years." "Ok, here is a picture of 5 children that I have grown inside of my body, fed from my body, and then proceeded to keep going until now." And if I can pull out a photo where they all look somewhat decent and happy, I feel I have succeeded. But after a few glasses of wine, the truth comes out as we moms all chat about our struggles and our challenges with our kiddos. The great thing about this is the fact that almost every mom you chat with has these. And if they don't, well they are lying. So, I get this great session where I get to both brag on say, Jack's musical gifts and drama talent, and simultaneously get ideas on how to curb his attitude and defiance. I get to brag on my daughter's happy disposition and silky hair, and simultaneously learn hints on how to get the kids ready faster in the mornings before school. Moms should all have other moms to talk to about this stuff. I'm going to make a point of reaching out to other moms this week. We all have our struggles, and sometimes just hearing about someone else's struggles, helps us get through our own.

1 comment:

  1. Realizing you are not alone seems to always make those rough times easier!

    ReplyDelete