Sunday, August 15, 2010

Laini's Heaven

Last week my friend came in town with her 13 year old daughter and Elaina shivered and screeched with excitement, "Ahhhh! I can't wait for my big sister to get here! She can sleep in my room and play with anything she wants!" And I believe the week proved to be just what she had hoped, since my friend's daughter was quite sweet with her and spent a lot of time playing what Laini wanted to play, and listening to Laini's stories etc. Mid-week my inlaws took Elaina to help pick out their new puppy from a golden doodle breeder. Since Laini is the world's most enthusiastic dog lover, this trip thrilled her to no end. She got to see many dogs, play with 2 puppies at the same time and then pick one to ride home with and keep forever at grandpa's house! (also a dream for me, since the puppy won't be living in my home). Grandpa is super excited about his new dog...we think we know where Elaina gets her dog-loving tendencies ; ) This weekend another friend of mine came in town and brought her 3 boys, but to Elaina's joy, also brought Laini a 3 yr old "little sister" for the weekend. At the moment Elaina and her "little sister" are watching a movie Elaina normally watches alone - Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses. We did our toenails together. And Laini has been leading her little "sis" around the house by the hand playing dolls with her, and pretend cooking with her and more. I think this last week of summer I may have made all of Elaina's dreams come true! It was heaven for her, if only for just a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment