Monday, August 30, 2010

Donuts

Well after my healthy food blog the other night, I feel compelled to admit that I also can be swayed somewhat easily in just the right moment, to be quite unhealthconcious. Today on the way home from school, my kids, who know how much I love donuts, started to ask very sweetly if they could in fact have a donut for their after school snack. "no, no, no we don't need that sugar." "But mom, just one, just this one time, just today. You know you love donuuuuuuuuuuuts...." And so within about 5 minutes we were driving through the Dunkin Donuts, which I have avoided all summer long, all spring long. I have acted as if it was not even there. Even with its rich smelling coffee and bakery fresh scent wafting from its windows. But today, just something about those darn donuts and those smiling kids who knew they were going to win, what with their knowledge of my love of donuts. It had to be done. And I say, "YUM."

3 comments:

  1. I love donuts as well. I have managed to stay away from them because i read a report that they are the single most unhealthy thing people eat on a regular basis, but dont feel bad. They are SO good. I'm thinking about a custard filled long john with chocolate or maybe maple icing and a hot cup of DD coffee right now. wow, i may have to break down my healthiness today as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this talk of food (and the comment on your nutrition post about your dad) made me laugh when I noticed our soy sauce bottle today. Brought back lots of memories of lots of laughs at your house.

    http://kate-my-mind.blogspot.com/2010/08/this-makes-me-laugh.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick, thats basically what i had - a chocolate iced boston custard filled cirle of YUM.

    ReplyDelete