Sunday, August 22, 2010

What are we doing tomorrow?

Elaina: "What are we eating for lunch?" Mom: "Not sure." Elaina: "What are we eating for lunch tomorrow?" Mom: "Not sure." Elaina: "What are we doing after school tomorrow?" Mom: "Eating lunch." Elaina: "What are we going to do after we eat lunch tomorrow?" Mom: "Not sure." Elaina: "Can I have a playdate now?" Mom: "No, it is almost time for bed." Elaina: "Can I have a playdate tomorrow?" Mom: "No, it is the first day of school, and we need to get situated." Elaina: "Why not?" Mom: "Because, like I said, it is the very first day of school." Elaina: "What are we doing after school then?" Mom: "What did I just tell you we are going to do?" Elaina: "Eat lunch. What are we going to have for lunch tomorrow?" Mom: (in my head...usually) "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I suppose I need to make a chart of what we are doing and eating every second of the day to end these insane question/answer sessions. But like I said, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE ARE EATING OR DOING ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS! Who plans like that? Apparently my daughter does. And so I have a plan. Tomorrow morning may go something like this: Mom: "What are you doing?" Elaina: "Lying in my bed." Mom: "What are you going to do after that." Elaina: "Get dressed." Mom: "What are you going to wear?" Elaina: "My uniform." Mom: "What are you going to wear tomorrow?" Elaina: "My uniform." Mom: "What are you going to wear the next day?" Elaina: "My uniform." Mom: "What are you going to wear the next day?" Elaina: "My uniform." Mom: "What are you going to wear the next day?" Elaina: "My uniform." Mom: "What are you going to wear the next day?" Elaina: "My uniform." Mom: "HA!" Also I don't want to forget: -At bedtime tonight while hugging my neck Charlie said, "I luz you too mom." melting.

No comments:

Post a Comment