Monday, August 30, 2010

Does any of this make any sense at all?

Conversation 1: Ben: "Hey mom, can I have chocolate milk?" Mom: (as I am cleaning up the hugest gatorade spill ever) "Just a second hon, look, there is gatorade everywhere." Ben: "Ok, I'll have Gatorade." Conversation 2: Ben: *BURP!* "oops, scuse me." Mom: "Ben, please don't do that out loud, that is not polite at all." Ben: "Mom, I can't do that, then I would burp inside my mouth!" Mom: "Yup, that's the point dear." Conversation 3: Mom: "Do you think you will learn anything at school next week?" Ben: "Ya, actually no." Mom: "Why not." Ben: "I think I will." Mom: "Like what?" Ben: "I don't actually know...I haven't actually been there yet." Conversation 4: Charlie: (brings me a little tiny red stuffed puppy) Mom: "Awe, it looks like Clifford when he was a tiny puppy. It is Clifford from 'Clifford's Puppy Days.'" Charlie: "No, it a BIG dog!" Mom: "But is looks like Clifford when he was just a tiny puppy, right?" Charlie: "No, this big Cifford." And my husband wonders why I want to talk to him so much when he gets home from work. He will walk in the door and I just start telling him stuff and asking questions and expecting answers that make sense! I think maybe after a day of the conversations like the ones above...I just need to make sure I talk to a person that makes SOME sense at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment