Monday, August 16, 2010

Middle school

Today is 6th grade orientation. 1. School supplies from the supply list and new school clothes have been purchased. 2.Last night we got new tennis shoes. Later last night my 6th grader wore those new tennis shoes mountain biking so they wouldn't look like new tennis shoes. 3.We bought a lunch bag. However he may buy his lunch so he can see what the other lunch bags look like that other kids bring. 4.We bought 2 locker combination locks and practiced them over and over. 5.We will see all our new friends we will be making at the new school at orientation today, but we already scheduled a swim party for tomorrow (first day is Wednesday) so we can get to know all our new friends better. 6.Exercised this morning so we look and feel our best today. (also one step closer to being able to do that push-up in gym class) Can I do more to prepare my guy? probably. Would it be overkill? probably. BUT, I can always pray for him. And no one can see me doing that and think I am a pycho mom. So, that's my plan. Also I don't want to forget: -We had so much fun with our friends that came in town to visit us this weekend. Our kids play very well together. And their mom and I play well together too. But at one point, we decided to play with the kids. We played the board game Clue with them. Quite a pheat. Later we played Uno with them. Much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment