Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Luau

I'm pretty interested to hear how this evening goes. Jack was headed to a party down the street. He is nine. His good friend Jen is having the party. Sort of a back to school thing. Since he is just nine, I didn't even consider that this was a "boy-girl" party. He is a young child. It doesn't matter yet. Right? Well, Jack noticed, Jack considered, Jack was excited. I heard him saying things like, "This is my first party where there will be more than one girl there." Then he proceeded to gel his hair, dress the very cool Hawaiian part, and listen to Elvis music to prepare for the evening. The party is to entail a scavenger hunt, other games and food. Very 9-yr-old. And when I walked him down the street to the party, he was perfectly shy and embarrassed to be there. But just his whole attitude while getting ready is really scaring me for what is to come in the future. He is a savvy little guy, and i am not ready for his shenanigans to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment