Monday, October 11, 2010

Elaina's boots

Elaina asked her grandmother for a raincoat, boots and an umbrella for her birthday. She got the most adorable raincoat, boots and umbrella. She also got an adorable fall/winter outfit from her aunt. She has been wearing the outfit and boots and carrying the umbrella ever since she opened them on Saturday. He cheeks are flushed from being so warm in the outfit and boots, but she will not relent. She actually slept with her umbrella and an adorable purse that she also got for her birthday. I go in there to kiss her goodnight and she is sleeping, snuggling her umbrella and purse. How freaking adorable is that!? I mean please let these days go slowly so I can cherish the moments that my daughter is so thrilled by these types of things. This morning I got to give her her birthday present - the American Girl Doll with her name - Laini. She squealed and laughed and smiled and was just ecstatic. Then I got to tell her about the Chicago trip she and I are taking this weekend to the American Girl Place. I am the most lucky mom ever! She is such a joy. I cleaned her bedroom for her and set up her dolls on her bed all in new outfits. Her daddy is bringing her flowers tonight, and I am serving her favorite foods: macaroni and cheese, shrimp, and broccoli with cheese. In her lunch today I gave her her other favorite foods; sushi, salami, olives, grapes, crackers, cheese, and a cookie shaped and iced like a dog face. I also blew up 2 tiny balloons and wrote happy birthday on them and stuck them in her lunch box. I hope the ice pack didn't cause them to deflate. Can't wait to hear her say, "Mom! Why did you do that for me?!" And I get to say, "because I love you and I thought you might like it." And she just grins. It is what she does every time I do something kind for her. So sweet. And makes me want to do more stuff for her!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet!! You do such a great job of making things special for your kids!

    ReplyDelete