Sunday, October 24, 2010

Jack's proposal and other endearing stuff they said

Jack: Mom, Dad, I think I know how I am going to ask someone to marry me someday. Want to know how? Us: Of course. Jack: Well, I am going to write a song about the girl, and I am going to sing it to her, and there will be just a spotlight shining right on the girl only, and when I am finished singing it, I will ask her to marry me. Us: Well, how could she ever say "no" to that! (our little Casanova) Love when Ben says lately instead of "it doesn't matter" or "I don't care" - he says "it doesn't care." Scotty: Mom, I have many classifications of monsters, want to hear them? Me: Of course I do. Scotty: Ghosts, Undead - like mummies, zombies, Dracula, headless horsemen and such, Magic - such as witches, warlocks, wizards and gargoyles, Plain old Monsters - such as Where Wolves, Haunted Jack - Lanterns etc. Me: Wow, where did you hear about these classifications? Scotty: I just thought of them. Me: What classification would a Jelly like substance be like The Blob? Scotty: Um, that would be another catagory, Physical Ghosts. My husband: How about Zool? Scotty: Physical ghosts. Jack: What about Sea monsters? Scotty: Oh, like Loch Ness, Sea Serpents, Lake Monster, Underwater Dragons...I guess that would be a separate classification also - Sea Monsters. Jack: What about Dragons? Scotty: Mythical Creatures. Me: Big Bad Wolf, Ogre? Scotty: Mythical Creatures. Jack: What about Moving Armor? Scotty: (in a tone like "duh?") Physical Ghosts. Me: How about Sesame Street Monsters? Scotty: Hmmmmm, I guess another category called Nice Monsters. Ben: An invisible ghost has no head and two spikes on his hands, one down and one up. How about a Cheese Monster? I think the monster conversation went on for a good 15-20 minutes at least, and will live on forever as one of my favorites. (Ranks right up there with playing "Animal questions" with Ben at the dinner table.)

No comments:

Post a Comment