Sunday, October 3, 2010

Wedding Season

Oh, I am so glad it is Wedding Season! At least for our family it is. We had one this summer, one last night, and another coming up in a month. There is nothing I like more than watching my kids get uninhibited and let it all go on the dance floor, dance with me, dance with their cousins, and go a little crazy. But last night, I didn't only get to watch the kids all doing this, I also got to watch Charlie: -Continually run over to the cookie and cake table and steal all the cookies, randomly taking bites out of them and putting them back, run around licking them, and in general crack up the tables sitting near the cookie table. -Run around in his button-down white shirt, clip-on tie, gray suit pants, and tennis shoes bouncing up and down, spinning, pointing, weaving his way through all of the dancers as he got down to the music. -Go up to the bride during the dollar dance, with a dollar no less than 5 times. He LOVED dancing with her. Something about being picked up by the beautiful girl in the princess dress was intoxicating and apparently addicting for my 2 yr old boy. -Practically pull down a big Christmas light display decoration that was near the dance floor. -Come up to me numerous times toward the end of the evening with his arms up waiting for me to pick him up and dance with him so that he could hug my neck super hard and say, "I hug!" Yup, wedding season brings out the fun, brings out the dancing and brings out the love...for cake, for cookies and for each other. Let the wedding season continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment