Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween!

Whew, I think Halloween gets me behind more than Christmas. I mean coordinating all the costumes is more difficult than coordinating Christmas outfits. There is more sugar at Halloween. So, there are more insane children at this "holiday." Speaking of insane children, my friend is going to kill me when she reads that I have blogged about her and her adorable son, but I will not use names. Here goes: So I am chatting with my friend about this really nice mom and we are joking about this sweet mom's sons and their crazy antics. About how they are really boys' boys as their dad is a man's man. I mention that one of her sons once got in trouble in first grade for jumping from desk to desk. Now, I have four boys and my friend has sons too, so we get it, but still are laughing about the other little jokester getting in trouble for jumping from desk to desk, thinking of course that OUR children would NEVER do this. Well.....never say never. I am working the 1st grade Halloween party and I turn around to a bit of noise to find my friend's sweet, straight and narrow, pleaser of a son standing and jumping on top of a desk yelling "Woo Hoo! Woo Hoo!" in a sugar rush no doubt! I could not help but crack up to myself as I helped him down off the desk. It is just too funny. As parents we can never think "it won't happen to us" because that is about the time that it does. What a lesson to us all to keep an open mind no matter what someone else's child does or says. Every child will have their moments, and every child is just that, a child. In my friend's little guy's case, I am proud of him for letting go a little and having some fun. My friend will likely also secretly be happy that her son was that comfortable and having that good of a time at school, even though she will likely be a tad embarrassed that his fun came out this way : )

No comments:

Post a Comment