Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Funny stuff the kids said

When we're in the car and a popular dance song that the kids like comes on, sometimes the older kids will yell, "turn it up!" So we're in the car the other day and the song Half of my Heart, by Jon Mayer and Talyor Swift comes on and my five year old, Ben, says, "Turn it up, I love this song." I turned it up and said, "THIS song? Really? And he says, "oh ya." I didn't realize my 5 year old was such a hopeless romantic : ) Lately when accidents happen to Ben such as: He drops a loud metal menu holder onto the tile at a restaurant, and it makes a big crashing noise, or, he spills his milk shake all over the table, Ben says, "I do NOT know how that happened." As if there are spirits among us creating chaos wherever he goes. Lately when I am singing a song and Charlie (2) wants to tell me something, or doesn't want to go to sleep and he figures the song means bedtime, or sometimes if I am just talking to someone and Charlie wants my attention, he puts his chubby little hand over my mouth and says, "Shut it." I SWEAR I never say that to him or anyone! However, he has been saying it so much lately, that I've found myself starting to say it! I never thought the 2 year old would be such a bad influence on me and his older siblings!

No comments:

Post a Comment