Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Animal 20 questions and other random weird stuff said this evening

Most nights at dinner the kids want to play Animal 20 questions. Here are some exerps from this evening's game: Ben: Is is a bird? Mom: Yes. Ben: Does it have feathers? Mom: Does it have fur? Ben: Yes. Jack: Ben, is it green? Ben: Yes, but it isn't a baby alligator. This is gonna be the trickiest one. Mom: So it has fur and it is green? Ben: hmmmm....... Mom: ok, Ben your turn to think of an animal again. Ben: ok, I didn't guess the penguin, because I like it and it is my special animal. Mom: ok, I'm thinking of an animal. Ben: I can't think, I can't think!!! Jack: Does it have fur? Mom: Yes. Elaina: Is it a person? Mom: No. Elaina: Is it Jack? Mom: Remember it is not a person and it has fur. Jack: Naked mole rat? Ben: I hate those - they're naked and I hate them. Jack: Does it play the guitar? Mom: No. Jack: I know a monkey named Joe that plays a very good violin. And I know a mole that plays a guitar that he made himself out of nuts. I also know a rat named Rozart that plays piano and he is blind. Ben: Is it a sock puppet? I just felt I should document the bizarreness of how this game goes when we play it. It is nearly impossible to guess the kids animals since they seem to forget the difference between fur and scales. On a separate note: I just sent the kids upstairs to start showers. Jack is supposed to be in with Charlie. This is what I have heard so far coming from up there: Jack: "NO NO NO NO NO....Charlie just peed in the shower!" Me: Jack, not a big deal, it will go down the drain." Jack: "Well, he keeps closing the drain because he wants his pee to stay in the tub. Ok, never mind, now he wants out. We are done. I washed his hair for you, and mine too." Me: "Really? in the 2 minutes you have been up there, you have washed both of your hair?" Jack: "Yes." Me: "Well, I'm going to smell your head, and if it smells, I am coming back up there to wash your hair for you." HUMONGOUS THUD Me: What was that noise???!!! Jack: "Oh, it was just me turning on a light." Really? Kids are so odd. also I don't want to forget: -The kids were outside catching fireflies in jars tonight. Seriously adorable. Jack caught 18! I was quite impressed actually. Elaina kept catching them and letting them go within a couple seconds. I think her love for creatures wouldn't let her keep them captive for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment