Monday, June 28, 2010

Inventory

Inventory of newly broken items on 6/28/10: -Tonight Scotty (11) broke down the bathroom door. When asked how this could have happened, he responded, "Well, we WERE playing superheros." -Charlie (2) crushed a wine glass in his bare hand. (?) He is fine. -Also, I noticed the nice leather ottoman has a very wobbly leg that is basically detached. Inventory of funny stuff they said on 6/28/10: Jack(9): Mom, I think Sophia is in love with another guy. Mom: How do you know? Jack: Because last week she was hanging out with him the whole day while she was here at our house. Mom: Well, they might just be friends. She could have more than one friend that is a boy. Jack: Could you marry someone that you never go on a date with? Mom: No. Jack: Hmmm. Well, what if he asks her on a date before I do. Mom: Well, a lot of guys asked me on dates before your dad asked me on a date. Jack: (thoughtfully) ok...that's....good... Ben(4): Mom, can I have some cereal? I am soooo hungry. Mom: Ben, what did you have for dinner. Ben: Grapes. Mom: Well, that is probably why you are hungry. Want me to warm up your hamburger? Ben: What? You know I hate hamburgers!!!! Mom: Well, you need some protein. Ben: Pwotein? I don't even LIKE pwotein! Mom: How about some meatballs? My friend: Hey Ben, you must like those meatballs, you are eating a lot of them. Ben: Are you kidding!? I LOVE these things! Mom (while putting Charlie to bed): Ok, Charlie I have to go downstairs and help daddy clean up the kitchen..." Charlie(2): (throws his hands over my mouth) "STOP IT! NO NO NO, STOP IT!" Inventory of adorable moments today - 6/28/10: -During Art class in our Art room today, Scotty's good friend, Nina, began to tease Scotty about his funny turtle he was drawing to the extend that Scotty was laughing soooooooo hard he was nearly crying. Scotty often adds something to his drawing that no one else in the class has added. For instance, today we were drawing/painting sea turtles and Scotty named his Triton and put a pitchfork-looking staff in his sea turtle's flipper grasp. -When Charlie got sand in his eyes outside in the sandbox, he came inside and kept putting his eye on my mouth. I finally realized he thought I could kiss it and make it better. -This evening Elaina and friend, Sophia, came into the family room to perform a little show for us. Elaina kept singing the beginning of a song she was making up and then looking at her friend and motioning for her to continue the song as if her friend would know the words that were to come next....her friend finally was like..."um, I don't know the song." Elaina was exasperated.

No comments:

Post a Comment