Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Christmas in June

Ben: "Mom, I want some of that stuff that is hot and we have it when it snows..." Mom: "You mean hot chocolate?" Ben: "Yes! Hot Chocolate! That would be so good. I am freezing!" (I DO like the house very cool in the summer) Mon: "Ben...it is super hot outside, I don't think we need to have hot chocolate." ( There was a heat index of like 112 today) Ben: "Pleeeeeeease mom!" Mom: "Well, why not, but if we are going to have hot chocolate, we should be watching a Christmas movie. Let's have Christmas in June tonight." I LOVE Christmas movies. These are the fun things we get to do when we are moms. No one makes fun of me for watching a Christmas movie in the middle of the summer because, "it was for the kids." I also get to: Play Barbies Build with blocks Set up little Play Mobile towns Eat jello for dessert Run through the sprinkler Go to Sonic every now and then for a snack Dance in the kitchen Watch cartoons in bed Play in the snow Throw snowballs at children Go to Disney World Build "forts" Eat snow cones often And many more fun activities, that would be looked upon as quite odd if I didn't have kids! But since I do, I can do them all I want and even "get points" for doing some of them! So, tonight I got to watch one of my fave movies, Charlie Brown's Christmas, while having hot cocoa and colorful marshmallows all snuggled up on the sofa in our very cool air conditioning after a busy day. And no one could say anything about it but, "awe what a nice mom, doing that for her kids," when really it was just as much for ME! Also I don't want to forget: -scotty and jack and whomever else they coaxed in spent most of the day today making a live action "film" called The Wax Museum. I can't wait to watch it. I told them about the 1950's horror flick, The Wax House, and they really want to see it. I have to watch it again and see how scary it is first. -I spent a good amount of time today looking at and downloading videos from our video camera. I also watched some really old ones. Alas, it is true. Time really does fly. : (

No comments:

Post a Comment