Monday, June 28, 2010

Ballad to Bear

It is about 10pm. The whole household is trying to sleep, and this is the song Elaina (6) is serenading to Bear, the dog, out loud from her bedroom super loud in a random tune that she has made up: "Come here boy! Good boy, little puppy, come on, get up and wag your tail, get up like this, get up and wag your ear, wag your tail! Bark bark bark bark, open your mouth, shut your ears. You're so furry. Kick your legs back and in front! Kick them forward! Hello mister, hello mister. What's the deal, mister dog. Come here boy! I wish I wish I wish I wish ..... I know I love you, I really do!" And this will continue until she falls asleep singing. I've heard of kids knocking their head against a wall till they fall asleep, or moaning till they fall asleep, or even mumbling, but never have I heard of this loud singing as a falling asleep method. However, we can ask her to quiet down or stop, and it won't matter, she will continue until she is snoozing. And actually, tonight I think it helped Charlie (2) to go to sleep. He was fussing at his doorway until she started singing, then he stopped and I guess fell asleep too. Pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment