Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Dog Museum, The Mall, and The Pool

At the Dog Museum: an art museum made up entirely of paintings, sculptures and photographs of dogs only. Charlie: "Dog! Dog! Dog! Dog! Dog! Dog! Dog! Dog!Dog!......." Ben: "OOOOOOO, that's my favorite type of dog! OOOOO That's my favorite type of dog!, OOOOO, that's my favorite type of dog!" Jack: "Awww, cool look at this dog attacking that dog! Awwww check this out! OOOOO, this one is famous!" Scott: "Hey, mom there is your favorite type of dog. Cool. Neat picture. Wow." Elaina: "That's an Airedale Terrier, and look it's a Terrier just like our dog. I'm going to get a Retriever when I get big. I like big Labs." Before kids when I used to go to art museums I would sit and stare at art for hours. I would wander the halls, study the paintings, read all of the plaques. The Mall: Ate at the food court - Rode the carousel - Played the Claw game - Got Orange Julius' - bought kids' swimsuits. Before kids when I used to go to the mall I would saunter through the stores, try clothing on, get a coffee and sit for a while, leaf through books at the book store, let those people at the kiosks file my nails. The Pool: Gathered our 4 bags, and 6 towels into the kiddie pool area - Chased Charlie between the kiddie pool and the big pool - Lured Charlie into his water wings - Got splashed over and over by my 9 yr old - gave him a time out for ignoring my protests - Fed 5 kids a picnic dinner. Before kids when I used to go to the pool I would oil up my body and lie in the sun. That's it. Before kids life was B O R I N G . Thank God for my kids : )

No comments:

Post a Comment