Saturday, September 25, 2010

Apple picking

Entrance fee - $56 Kettle Corn - $5 Pony rides - $15 hot dogs, brats, hamburgers, drinks - $30 Apples, pumpkins, apple butter, pumpkin butter, apple cider - $100 Watching the kids cheer for pigs during pig races - PRICELESS Getting pictures of the kids laughing and joking while apple picking - PRICELESS Charlie's face while riding the "airplane ride" - PRICELESS Elaina's face while riding a pony - PRICELESS Hearing a big "THANK YOU" unprompted from the kids during the car ride home - PRICELESS! Every now and then (well pretty often really, around the Holidays especially) I get this Norman Rockwellesque picture in my head of a family outing that I want to make happen. It could be a carriage ride in the snow, a trip to an amusement park, venturing out to cut down our own Christmas tree, Singing Christmas carols door to door, or perhaps a family outing to an apple orchard. Often the trips end with my husband saying I shouldn't have such specific, high standards of how the trip should go or my husband strangling apologies or thankfulness from spoiled-sounding children. But not today! Today I had quite a gorgeous Norman Rockwell picture in my head. Today I had the best laid plans. Today I expected greatness from my children, my husband and the orchard. Today - THEY DELIVERED. Who knows, perhaps this will be the year of my whole family gathered around my dining table watching happily as I carve the perfect pumpkin. Perhaps this will be the year we hold hands around the table with the perfect turkey while we take turns thanking God on Thanksgiving. Perhaps this will be the year of trudging through the powdery snow to chop down the perfect tree. (Chevy Chase and I have a bit in common) Or....Perhaps this is the year I quit while I'm ahead. However, Norman Rockwell produced over 4,000 works of Art...I bet I can bring a few more of them to life if I really try! I will be in touch on: -Pumpkin Carving Heaven -Thanksgiving Prayer circle -Carriage Ride in the Snow -Christmas Tree Chopdown -Twas the Night Before Christmas Story Time with Dad -Santa's Village -Ice skating in the Park and -New Years Eve Delight

No comments:

Post a Comment