Thursday, September 23, 2010

Not enough hours in the day

Elaina was home from school today with strep throat. Antibiotics have begun to do work, so she is on the mend. However, since I had a whole day at home I thought I would catch up on all my laundry. I did laundry from 8:30am until 10:30pm. The whole while folding all the items, and ultimately putting it all away in the kids' drawers, which I first cleaned out. I took one hour off for a walk, park and snack with the kids. The only laundry left to do in the house is what the kids wore today. So, while I am feeling pretty accomplished, my poor children have left me feeling somewhat guilty. I was begged to do so many things today that I just could not do: Ben: "Watch this cartoon with me." Jack: "Come watch the movie in your bed with me." Charlie: "Lay down wif me!" Elaina: "Keep scratching my back." Scotty: "Stay downstairs with me." Husband: "Stay awake for me, I will be home late." I want to do all these things. I also want to have all of the laundry finished and put away. And so I heard, "I am so mad at you." "Please!" "Come on!" It is not like I was doing my nails, or watching soaps, I was cleaning and folding all of their clothing. So, while these chores HAVE to get done, I am learning that my kids' love language is NOT "acts of kindness." I learned that it IS "quality time." So, now that the laundry is all caught up - or as "caught up" as it is possible to be, tomorrow I can "lay down wif Charlie, watch a movie with Jack in my bed, and stay downstairs with Scotty" at least until they all strip off their clothes for bed and give me another 2 loads of laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment