Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Prayer Circle

"Julie, I just pictured you and all your kids in a circle holding hands saying a prayer every morning before school." I am pretty sure she was kidding since I had just relayed to my mother-in-law what my morning had entailed: 1. Jack insisted on me cutting his hair. 2. Jack was full of hair, so he had to go take a shower, which took forever since he is the slowest showerer ever! 3. Jack came out of the shower with hair all over him still???? 4. Jack couldn't find any clean clothing, even though there was not a stitch of dirty clothing in the house. 5. Ben couldn't find his shoes. and never did (until I called the babysitter later in the day and got the answer "put away in his room") 6. I saw Charlie eating some cereal this morning, he even drank all the milk from the bowl....I just don't think it was HIS cereal, so someone went to school without breakfast I am pretty sure. 7. Jack left the house without his lunch, so I had to bring that up to school to him. 8. Scotty left a huge project full of tape and containers and metal at home because he wanted to ride his bike, so I had to bring that up to his school to him. So, I told my mother-in-law, "We don't do a prayer circle before school, HOWEVER, we DO listen to Christian Rock music in the car on the way to school, and we think that counts for something." Also I don't want to forget: -Little Sprouts with Charlie this morning at the Botanical Gardens was so fun! He was a funny guy, really getting into the whole thing - looking for frogs, listening to books, singing the songs! Sadly, I must have forgotten which kid I was with, because when I put his name on his craft so we could find it later, I put "BEN" on it. Fortunately, Charlie cannot read yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment